Makes four servings
- 1/2 cup Daybreak's Millet (soak for about 10 minutes beforehand)
- 1/4 tsp of each rosemary and sage
- 3 cups water approx (you will need to keep your eye on the grain and keep adding water as it disappears. Start with two cups )
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium saucepan, toast millet, stirring frequently, over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the rosemary and sage to toast as well. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until millet is soft and has a porridge-like consistency. (you will need to add a little more water, so keep an eye on it while cooking to ensure it doesn't dry out)
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, garlic and onion powder and Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree with immersion blender. If you would like a thinner consistency you can add a splash of milk of your choice.