Yield: 8-10 Mini pies
Follow our Einkorn Pizza Crust recipe, or substitute for your own favourite crust.
I highly suggest ours though!
3lb Beef shoulder roast
1 tbls Flour
2 tbls Tomato paste
1 med Onion
3 Garlic cloves
2 Thyme sprigs
1 Rosemary sprig
3 Basil leaves
1 Oregano sprig
1 Beer of your choice
Salt + Pepper to taste
- From frozen, place your roast into a slow cooker on high for 4.5 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
- When cooked to your liking, let it rest
- Saute onions,carrots and mushrooms. When the onions become fragrant, add garlic.
- Once all of the veggies are cooked and beginning to brown, deglaze with the entire can of beer.
- Add beef, flour, tomato paste, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, giving it the odd stir.
- While simmering, roll out your pizza crust. Using a cookie cutter, cut two circles per pie.
- Place on parchment paper, put a dollop of filling in the center, placing the second circle on top. Pinch the sides with a fork to seal, and a couple pokes on top for the steam to release.
- Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes. Keep your eye on them!
- Pull them out and brush with garlic butter if you like!