Yield: 2 Dozen
Ingredients2½ cups einkorn flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
10 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
Chocolate chips - Notice no measurement there. Lets be honest, no one measures chocolate ;)
Granulated sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, spices, chocolate chips, and salt.
- In a second bowl, stir together the butter and sugar. Whisk in the egg until the mixture emulsifies. Add the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until the dry ingredients are no longer visible. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Spread the 3 tablespoons granulated sugar on a small plate. Roll 1-inch balls of dough between your hands and roll them in the sugar to dust completely.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes until the cookies have spread and are barely firm to the touch. Do not overbake because the cookies will firm up when cool. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.