Recipe from 12tomatoes.com
- 2 cups flour (We used Red Fife Flour)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup milk + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar (We only used 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together ½ cup milk, vanilla extract, eggs. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter and 1 cup peanut butter, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and slowly add flour mixture, followed by milk and egg mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter onto cookie sheet, spreading batter evenly to edges. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In a saucepan, bring 1 stick butter and ½ cup peanut butter to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons milk and slowly mix in powdered sugar until well combined. Pour frosting over cake, spreading evenly to edges. Allow frosting to cool and set before serving.