Yield: 4 Dozen
Ingredients2 Tbsp Yeast
1 Tsp Sugar
2 Cups Warm Water
1 1/4 Cup Grapeseed oil
Water (Amount in directions)
1 Cup Cane Sugar
1 Heaping Tbsp Salt
4 Cups of Unbleached Flour
Additional 12 cups of Unbleached Flour
- Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to get nice and frothy.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil and eggs.
- This next step is the only "tricky" part to the recipe. You then need to add enough water to the oil and egg mixture to make it equal 6 cups. Simple right?! Combine the liquid to the yeast mixture.
- Add the sugar, salt and 4 cups of flour to the mixture. Mix well.
- Kneed in the 12 cups of flour to a nice smooth dough.
- Rest until it has doubled in a warmed oven. Approximately 1 hour.
- When it has risen, punch it down and section off into 4.
- Roll out a section, about a quarter inch thick.
- Spread a layer of butter (about a quarter cup, but really as much or little as you like) onto dough.
- Sprinkle a hefty amount of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll tightly, just like a jelly roll cake, and slice into 12 buns.
- Place into a pan that has been buttered and sprinkled with brown sugar.
- Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.