Yield: Two servings
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Uncooked Millet
1.5 Cup of water
- First off, combine coconut oil and spices in a small bowl to make a paste of sorts.
- Heat up oil in a medium pot, giving the spices a head start in releasing there aromatic scents.
- Add 1 chopped apple and saute until just beginning to soften.
- Next you will add your uncooked millet to the oil, toasting until fragrant. Stirring often for approximately two minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Once a boil has been reached, turn the heat down for a simmer and cover. Give it the odd stir to make sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until desired tenderness.