Recipe by closetcooking.com with some adaptations.
- 1 1/2s cup zucchini, shredded (do not squeeze)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Daybreak Mill's Extra Light Pastry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Mix the zucchini, green onions, eggs, sour cream, and butter well before mixing in the cheese.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and seasonings.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.*
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 50-70 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before running a knife around the inside edge of the pan, removing the loaf, slicing and enjoying topped with melted butter.
Note: *The zucchini is the source of some of the liquid for this recipe so after you shred the zucchini do not squeeze out or drain off any of it’s liquid. Because zucchini has different amounts of liquid, if your batter ends up being too thick to pour into the pan, feel free to mix in 1-2 tablespoons of milk or water.