Saskatoon Berry Muffins Recipe
Saskatoon berries are the star of the show here,with their burst of juicy goodness throughout.
yield: 1 Dozen
1 large egg
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 extra light pastry
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup saskatoons
About 1 tablespoon white sugar for the top
Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Combine sugar, egg, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt right into the bowl. Give it the dry ingredients a gentle stir before mixing it all together to insure it will incorporate well.
- Stir in the sour cream, followed by folding in the berries.
- Next, fill your liners to the half way point. Sprinkle a few extra berries onto the top, along with a sprinkle of cane sugar. Be sure you do use liners. The saskatoons can burn quite easily onto the pan!
- Bake off for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Other Favorite Muffins
Yields: 3 dozen. Tasty dinner rolls best served warm with butter
Yields: 6 small loaves.
Yields: Makes one loaf.. NEW Recipe for yummy Sunshine Loaf! This quick and easy summer recipe is sure to be a hit at your next gathering! No punching, no beating, just mixing and baking. Easy peasy! Hope you enjoy
Yields: About 12 biscuits. Delicious biscuit recipe! A little time consuming, but so worth it in the end
Yields: 8-12 servings. This is a great recipe for using up some summer veggies! Loaded with cheese to make it decadent this meal should satisfy a lot of your cravings!
Yields: Enough for 3-4 people. Credit to Loreen Turko for this delicious recipe! A great summer salad.
Yields: 12 wraps(approximately).
Yields: 2 Servings. This delicious and nutritious stir fry beats take out any day of the week.
Yields: 12 wraps(approximately). A great alternative to red meat "tacos". I thoroughly enjoy this recipe and make it quite often. A delicious and healthy meal!
Yields: 8-12 servings.